Guide to Renting
1. Find your new home
Each our available properties through our website here or on Rightmove. You can call us to arrange a viewing.
2. Check that you can afford the property
You’ll need to meet one of the following criteria:
- In full time employment
- We use a simple ratio. The annual gross (before tax) income for all potential applicants must exceed 30x the monthly rent. So for example, if the rent on the property is £800 per month, the combined gross income of the tenants must exceed £24,000.
- Self Employed or Contractor
- We use the same simple ratio except the annual net (after tax) income for all potential applicants must exceed 30x the monthly rent.
3. Reserve the Property
Once you’ve found the property you want, you will be asked to pay a holding deposit equivalent to 1 month's rent. This secures the property for you while references and signing the tenancy agreement are sorted out.
4. Tenant Referencing and Right to Rent checks
We’ll arrange for referencing, eligibility and ID checks for all tenants aged 18 and over. We’ll request some supporting documentation from you, including photographic ID, proof of current address, proof of employment, and references from your place of work and previous landlord (if you have one).
5. Signing the Tenancy Agreement
Once the reference results have been received, we’ll arrange a suitable time for you to visit out office and sign the tenancy agreement and other documentation. You will also need to pay your first month's rent in advance and your security deposit, which is the equivalent of 1 month's rent.
6. Set up your rental payments
We’ll need proof that you have set up a Standing Order mandate from your bank account to transfer your rent as per the tenancy agreement.
7. Move into your new home!
Collect the keys and start to enjoy your new home…